Matt Hood is a proven executive with broad industry experience in both public and private companies.
- Joined On The Border in April 2018.
- Over 30 years of experience and a successful track record in the restaurant industry.
- Previously served as Chief Marketing Officer of The Habit Restaurants, Inc., (HABT) and BJ’s Restaurants, Inc. (BJRI).
- Recruited and assembled a six-person executive leadership team at OTB with over 150 years of casual dining growth company experience (average of 20+ years each).
- The team at OTB has led the company to the most positive comp sales growth in over 5 years and returned to growing EBITDA for the first time since 2016.
- Prior to OTB, Matt was a key member of management team that helped lead The Habit Burger Grill through the NASDAQ IPO process resulting in one of the most successful restaurant public offerings of 2014 raising over $90M for the company.
- Hood redeveloped brand positioning and introduced disciplined marketing tactics that helped The Habit deliver industry-leading 54 consecutive quarters of year-over-year comparable restaurant sales.
- At BJ’s Restaurants, Inc., the six-year comp restaurant sales during Hood’s tenure 2008-2013 were +13.2% vs. Casual Dining Industry -8.5% and revenues grew from $316 million to over $800 million and number of restaurants increased from 68 to 146.
Other relevant experience/information
- Interim Chief Marketing Officer, Cooper’s Hawk Winery & Restaurants
- Sr. Vice President of Marketing and Brand Development, Fired Up, Inc. / Johnny Carino's Italian
- National Co-Chair, Dine-Out for No Kid Hungry
- Restaurant industry consultant for Google
- B.S., Texas Christian University
- MBA, Kellogg Graduate School, Northwestern University